Reply 1988: a perfect kdrama
Reply 1988: a perfect kdrama
Fariha Tasnim Bushra
Section: 26
ID : 24146056
Korea and its culture has always amazed me in many ways and to know more about it, I started watching kdrama in 2022. Since then, I have watched more than 45 kdramas. Among them, my favorite kdrama is “Reply 1988” and it is also my first kdrama. I have rewatched this drama a lot but still can’t get enough of it, indeed this made me addicted to kdramas. Everytime I watch it at different points in my life, it hits me with different new lessons. “Reply 1988” is a family and comedy drama based on the lives of five childhood friends who live in the same neighborhood and how they grow up together. This drama perfectly shows the heartwarming concept of friendship and love which audiences liked the most about this drama. It also transports back to the time of 1988 with its theme, frame, fashion, music, overall cultural references which makes it more relatable and nostalgic. In fact, There is no artificial or over dramatic aspect in the show; the plot indirectly introduces the viewers to the lives of common people in Korea.
Here the main characters are Deok-sun, Choi Taek, Kim Jung, Sun-woo and Dong-ryong which is performed by Lee Hye-ri, Park Bo-gum, Ryu Jun-yeol, Go Kyung-pyo and Lee Dong-hwi. The cast did an impressive job; their acting made the drama more realistic. Among all, how Lee Hye-ri carried the show and grew her character through the drama is praiseworthy. The show has twenty episodes which
eventually shows family conflict, academic pressure, self-doubt phrase of teenage, economic struggles, first loves, career challenges and obstacles faced by the main characters. Besides the main characters, the role of parents and also the bonding among them enhance the plot. It not only focuses on the main characters’ lives but also shows the importance of surroundings through the side characters which makes this drama different from other genres. For me, it was a complete and perfect drama with balanced emotions; I loved everything about this drama. Aside from my personal emotional connections with the drama, it is simply incredible and purposeful. The storyline, character development and the lessons I have learned from “Reply 1988” have changed my thoughts about life in a positive way. Our lives go so fast that we don’t really appreciate what we have in the present and regret it later. But after watching “Reply 1988”, it made me realize that I must appreciate and cherish the present to relive the moments in the future to be a happy soul. I would rate this drama 10/10 and also would recommend this to anyone who wants to see different aspects of life. Thanks for reading !
Comments
Post a Comment