THE PURR-FECT MUSE:SOMETHING CLOSE TO MY HEART
THE PURR-FECT MUSE:SOMETHING CLOSE TO MY HEART
MEET MINI:MY FIRST CAT EVER
Mini was a rescued cat which I rescued back in 2019. She was heavily injured and as a 6 months kitten she couldn’t survive after all the treatments. She was with me for almost 3.5 months. In this short time. I got so attached to her. Her death hit me hard and left me speechless for days, struggling to express my emotions. I was unable to express my feelings and was in denial for a few weeks. It is really hard to describe that moment when we discover someone we care for has died and he/she will not be with us anymore. Then I made the decision to never have a cat because I couldn't bear the loss of Romi. .
But as we all know life is unpredictable and uncertain and the decision didn't last. In 2020 during lockdown I rescued another cat and she became an irreplaceable part of my life. When I found her she was 1.5 months old. We named her ‘ROMI’ and she filled our life with joy, laughter and chaos.
INTRODUCING ROMI:THE WHITE FURRY CAT WITH KIND EYES
From the moment I saw Romi I knew our bond would be special. Our bonding started deepening day by day. Within a few days she became a part of our family. My parents who were against petting a cat also started to like her. They also share a great bond with Romi. My mother started to cook different types of chicken, fish stocks for her and my father always asked for her first when he came back home from the office. One thing about Romi which was different from other cats is that she's scared of rats, lizards, cockroaches and other living things except cats and humans. Within a few years our house was filled with many cats. My parents also supported me thoroughly in this rescuing journey. As an animal lover rescuing a animal gives me pleasure and my heart with joy.
ROMI WITH HIS FIRST THREE CHILD ZORO,CHITRA AND ARYA
I never knew every cat has an individual personality until I saw my cats. Their personality and traits were really different from one another. Zoro was Rome’s favorite child and he had to be in front of his mother's eye 24/7. Arya was very fond of mine and whenever I come home from outside I have to take her in my lap and cuddle her for sometime. Chitra was also scared of rats like her mother.
Another cat that was really close to my heart was Biscuit. He was really playful and always listened to every instruction which made him unique compared to other cats. My mother first noticed this trait of his. He can understand human language so perfectly that we don’t have to use any animal sign with him. We named him ‘BISCUIT’ because of his brown color.
MEET MY PERSONAL FAVORITE ‘BISCUIT’ WITH HIS FAVORITE CHILD ‘COOKIE’
Biscuit is now almost four years old .He has some health issues for this reason he has to be under treatment now and then. But he’s responding to his treatments quickly so his vet is really hopeful that he’ll be fine in a few months.
I have never purchased a cat. I have either adopted them or rescued them. My last adoption was a persian two years old cat named Leo. This cat was gifted to me by my sister’s friend as they were shifting to Canada so they wanted a safe place for Leo. As my obsession with cats is known to them they requested me to adopt Leo. At first I wasn’t sure if I should adopt him or not but my father agreed when he first saw his picture. He’s a really unique cat because of his heterochromic eyes. It means he has two different eye colors, one is blue and the other is green.
We had a really tough time petting Leo as he was already super attached with his previous master. We waited for a long time with patience to earn his trust. At first he used to be really upset but gradually he understood that this is his home for the rest of his life. My parents' care and love quickened this process even more. Now I sometimes wonder if my father really loves this cat more than me.
OUR REACTION WHEN WE HEARD WE HAVE TO SUBMIT THIS BLOG WITHIN NEXT SATURDAY :)
Whenever I call my cats by their names they run and come to me. This thing fills my heart with joy and amusement. Whenever I feel sad I spend some time with them and my mood lifts within a few minutes. Time flies when I'm around them. I’m grateful for their presence in my life every single day. Each moment spent with them is precious to me. I wouldn’t trade my cats for anything in the world. Each of them are really special to me and hold a special place in my heart.
Comments
Post a Comment