Unlocking My Best Self: A Journey of Continuous Self-Improvement

Self improvement is a process that encourages people to become a better version of themselves. I think it is a process in which one can acquire essential qualities which make them a better person. In this blog, I am going to talk about my self improvement process. In the past few years, I think I have improved my time management system a lot. I have learnt to do my work from time to time and try to avoid keeping work undone for the future.
I like to make a timetable to do my work especially when my exams are near. I set time limits for certain activities and this helps me a lot. And I am also managing to avoid using mobile phone for unnecessary things and that’s why my screen time has reduced 30%-40% than before. I have acknowledged that frequent use of mobile phone was distracting me and reducing my mindfulness to do more important tasks. Sometimes, I used to overthink a lot about certain topics. And I have acknowledged that the key to avoid overthinking is keeping myself busy through beneficial activities so that I wouldn’t have the time to overthink. I keep myself engaged by focusing on my academic activities, playing outdoor games like football and cricket with my friends, going to the gym, jogging in the park, reading books, watching movies etc. I believe that a healthy routine reduces my stress and increases my efficiency. I am trying to lead a healthy life by prioritising my sleeping schedule and healthy eating. I notice that I cannot do my tasks properly and efficiently whenever I do not get proper sleep. So, I try my best to go to sleep early and rise early in the morning. And I also try to keep myself updated about the recent affairs that are happening worldwide. I often discuss these topics with my friends. This helps me to communicate with my friends and gives me a scope to improve my communication skills. I think one must acquire proper communication skills to do better in life. I am trying to improve my speaking fluency which will make me confident enough to communicate properly with others. I know that fluent English speaking is something that will benefit me for a lifetime. That's why I try to learn new strategies that will help me to speak English fluently.


I am also trying to learn new skills that will be useful
to me for a long time. For example, I have recently learnt cooking. Now I can cook many dishes and this basic skill will benefit me for a lifetime. I have also completed basic computer courses which will also benefit me. Nowadays, I try to be careful to not spend money when I do not need to. This helps me to save money. I think everyone should have this quality so that they can use their savings for future important purposes. I think that self improvement is a continuous process in which one must face positive changes and one must do every possible thing that will make them a better person.

Comments